Well just like that it’s over…all over, like really done. It’s a little unbelievable to tell you the truth, it doesn’t seem real.  It was a good way to end, four out of the seven girls that were invited came (well a wrong one was sent, apparently there are more than one Dana’s and somewhere along the line messages got crossed), but God knew, this Dana needed to come. We had a lot of fun playing more boardish type games, games that you can really only do with a small group.  We of course played gaga-ball (still an all-time favorite) and went one the zip line (another all-time favorite) and Friday we went out to Suesca (one of my all-time favorite places in Colombia) to go rock climbing (one of my all-time favorite things to do) and THEY LOVED IT, which made my heart happy, it challenged them, they were a little scared, but when they came down they were all smiles and super keen on talking about how it was for them and they couldn’t wait to try the other route.  It was good to end camp with rock climbing because it was always part of my dream to be able to take them rock climbing, and so thankful that they loved it and that we all escaped injury free (minus a couple bruises).  
On the last night the girls shared what camp has meant to them and how it has impacted them and changed them, which was good to hear but also hard to hear.  It was good because it meant, that even, if only for these four girls, camp has been worth it.  It has been worth all the tears, all the frustration, all the stress, all the prayers, all the everything.  But it was hard because it is over, that’s it, no more Camp Gozo.  So crazy that it’s the end of an era, end of a dream, end of a passion, end of what I put all that I am into.  And I know that there are new exciting things to come, and I know that it wasn’t in vain, and I know that every single one of these kids that have passed through Camp Gozo have not left untouched and that God sees them all, He knows them all and will continue to fight for them and that really from the beginning it has been God’s work and He will continue to work.  
For those that have been following this journey of Camp Gozo form the beginning know the prayers in faith that have been prayed for the finances, for the truck, for a more permanent home, for furnishing that home and oh how my faith has been stretched and tested and pushed to the limits, but me ending and leaving and letting go is pushing my faith like it has never been pushed before.  To trust God in the unknowns, to trust God in ALL the unanswered questions and ALL the unanswered prayers.  And I might not ever have all the answers, but as the old saying goes you let go and you let God…way harder then it sounds.  
I know from now until I go there will be a lot of emotions and feelings to work through, and again in the spirit of honesty, feelings of guilt and of failure and of giving up to work through, feeling of fear for the future and what’s next. Feelings of who the heck am I if I am not Ingie, the missionary that lives in Colombia and runs camp.  Lots of emotions.  So even though it’s hard, I will welcome these emotions, I will embrace them, I will embrace the brokenness, cause there is beauty in brokenness right? And let God come in, let Him come in and heal and love and let Him do what He’s got to do with me.
Once again, thanks for all the love and support over ALL these years and there may be only a couple more blog posts before I am no longer ingieincolombia….So thanks for sticking through and thanks for your prayers and encouragement, I would of not have made it so long if it wasn’t for you all.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keepin it real in Quito

Fruit

Boys Camp… Just a little late