Thank you


I know I always say this and that this has been my goal time and time again to not wait so long between blog posts so I don’t have to start my blogs with it has been so long since I last wrote and so much happened….

But alas, it has been soooo long since I last wrote and so much has happened, well maybe not that much.

I think I want to dedicate this blog to how thankful I am and how blessed I feel.  For those of you that don’t know, I went back to Canada for about five weeks for Christmas and I just felt so super blessed.  It really brings tears to me eyes to see how big of an army I have back home.  I really can’t even describe it,  I felt so encouraged by so many kind words, a lot probably undeserving.  I felt so blessed know how many people are praying,  I felt so blessed with so many people, even tons that I don’t know very well asking me about the camp.  I felt so blessed by all the hugs I received.  I felt so blessed to be back at Capilano and I am so grateful to have Capilano as my sending church.

So thank you so much, thank you for the kind words, thank you for the encouragement, thank you for the hugs, thank you for the prayers, thank you for the support.  Thank you Capilano for blessing me and thank you to the elders and deacons for taking the time to meet with me, talk with me and pray with me.  I really whish you could know how touched I was by my visit home and how encouraging I felt and how blessed I was and how when those hard times come, that I can be reassured that I have you guys back home that love me and pray for me and encourage me.  My prayer for all of you guys is you can see what a difference you are making in these children’s lives in Colombia, for you guys to see how you are touching their hearts.  It’s not just me, it’s us, and I couldn’t of asked for a better team to be a part of and I think the most touching thing is that I know that this is only the tip of iceberg.  I know there are more of you guys out there that I didn’t see while I was home you have been so faithful at praying for me, so from the debts of my heart,  thank you so much.

In the next couple of weeks we will probably be figuring our more camp stuff for this year and are hoping to do around 3 or 4 and will share when I know more info.  And thank you again for being excited about Camp Gozo and for getting behind it and being so supportive in it.  I whish I could of captured the joy on those girls faces and in their hearts and sent back to you guys in a jar or something like that.  Again my prayer for you guys is that you know how many hearts you have touched and that you could somehow see part of the change that your apart of.
My brother introduced me to this song Never Once by Matt Redman and I will put the lyrics up but when I think if that song I think of you guys back home, because it talks about “we” instead of “I” and like I said, even though it is me in Colombia, it is “us” doing God’s work together in Colombia, I am just the lucky one that gets to be here. (p.s I also figure out how to put the video on so you can go to youtube to listen to the song but the lyrics are still here if you just want to read the lyrics)

                                   Standing on this mountaintop
Looking just how far we’ve come
Knowing that for every step
You were with us

Kneeling on this battle ground
Seeing just how much You’ve done
Knowing every victory
Was Your power in us

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Yes, our hearts can say

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

Kneeling on this battle ground
Seeing just how much You’ve done
Knowing every victory
Was Your power in us

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Yes, our hearts can say

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Never once did we ever walk alone
Carried by Your constant grace
Held within Your perfect peace
Never once, no, we never walk alone

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

Every step we are breathing in Your grace
Evermore we’ll be breathing out Your praise
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keepin it real in Quito

Fruit

Boys Camp… Just a little late