Life Goes on



Life does go on, yes indeed and life with my continuing ed kids has been mostly good days which has been nice, but there for sure has been some frustrating days in there to.  We had an awesome pizza party and only three didn’t come but it was really hard for me not to let those three come and I still wonder if maybe I should of let them, I can be a big suck sometime to so I never really know if its me just being a suck and I should suck it up, or if I should have let them come… anyways its over and done with.
Something else I have been doing with them is taking them for ice cream on their birthday.  It was Erika’s 15th birthday which is REALLY HUGE here, and she is one that I have been having a more difficult time with, but the ice cream was a break through for us, since it was her 15th birthday I let her pick whatever she wanted and we had such a nice time and we had such a nice talk.  A couple days later I saw her mom and her mom told me that she couldn’t stop talking about it.  So I was really thankful for that time with her. 
Another thing we recently did, with a group of about 7 kids, on a holiday we walked up to Monserrate which is a church at the top of a mountain in Bogota, even thought it was a little rainy we had a great time.
I am hoping to take them rock climbing in June when they have holidays, again the ones that have been working hard in school and have been having good attitudes.  Also I would really like all the teen we work with at the school, which is about 18 to go to a camp in January.  Three of them went last year but I would love for all of them to go, its about 10 hours away and costs about $130 per kid plus transportation.  I told them to start praying.  But once we have more information we will start raising some of the money, maybe even making empanadas and selling them.
I still sometimes get overwhelmed with all the work that needs to be done with them and the times that I get a glimpse of their life and where its headed I think to myself I’m a really cut out for this, can I really do this, but God has been teaching me to be available and be willing and He will do all the work and even if I don’t see any change in them God is still working and God loves them so incredibly much and He is fighting for their hearts and He’s not going to give up.



Thank you guys for your prayers, please continue to pray for this group of kids as they really have everything going against them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keepin it real in Quito

Fruit

Boys Camp… Just a little late