Family Time

So here I am sitting in the airport in Bogota waiting to go to Switzerland to visit my family.  My brother and sister in-law are there on a teachers exchange and my parents are in Europe right now travelling around and we are going to meet up in Switzerland, I am sooooo excited and feel so blessed to have this opportunity, I do miss my family a lot, especially my niece and nephew.
I have to admit sometimes that I do get lonely and do miss my family and friends, I do really love all my friends in Colombia, but it is not always the same.  I just have to say that I am so thankful for the peace that God has given me, that I am exactly where I am suppose to me.  
On Halloween, a family came who I know quiet well from last time I was here.  Last time I was here they had 10 kids and that has now increased to 12 with twin girls.  Anyways, I was holding one of the girls, while talking to the mom and her youngest son came running up and gave me a huge hug (it was the first time I saw him since being back) and right in that moment I knew I was exactly where I was suppose to be.  I am so thankful for moments like that and moments where little kids tell me that they love me, or color my picture or give me flowers.  I love those moments and to me those are the moments where I know that the work that we are doing is not in vain and although, most of the time, it seems like I am making little impact, I cling to those moments.
Now don't get me wrong, I am loving being in Colombia and I am blessed to have a CRAZY group of friends, so I haven't been that lonely at all.  Just in these moments when I am so excited to see my family, I do just for a moment think "what I'm I doing away from them", these are the times that I cling to these moments.
So there you have it a new blog post, they have been few and far between as I don't have internet but I am hoping to get that all fixed up when I get back and over the holidays hope to have a newsletter sent out.  Thanks again for all your prayers and support

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keepin it real in Quito

Fruit

Boys Camp… Just a little late