Family Time

So here I am sitting in the airport in Bogota waiting to go to Switzerland to visit my family.  My brother and sister in-law are there on a teachers exchange and my parents are in Europe right now travelling around and we are going to meet up in Switzerland, I am sooooo excited and feel so blessed to have this opportunity, I do miss my family a lot, especially my niece and nephew.
I have to admit sometimes that I do get lonely and do miss my family and friends, I do really love all my friends in Colombia, but it is not always the same.  I just have to say that I am so thankful for the peace that God has given me, that I am exactly where I am suppose to me.  
On Halloween, a family came who I know quiet well from last time I was here.  Last time I was here they had 10 kids and that has now increased to 12 with twin girls.  Anyways, I was holding one of the girls, while talking to the mom and her youngest son came running up and gave me a huge hug (it was the first time I saw him since being back) and right in that moment I knew I was exactly where I was suppose to be.  I am so thankful for moments like that and moments where little kids tell me that they love me, or color my picture or give me flowers.  I love those moments and to me those are the moments where I know that the work that we are doing is not in vain and although, most of the time, it seems like I am making little impact, I cling to those moments.
Now don't get me wrong, I am loving being in Colombia and I am blessed to have a CRAZY group of friends, so I haven't been that lonely at all.  Just in these moments when I am so excited to see my family, I do just for a moment think "what I'm I doing away from them", these are the times that I cling to these moments.
So there you have it a new blog post, they have been few and far between as I don't have internet but I am hoping to get that all fixed up when I get back and over the holidays hope to have a newsletter sent out.  Thanks again for all your prayers and support

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Adventure Starts Now, well actually it starts tomorrow...

Life of Ingie as of late

It Has Been Way to Long