My Apologies Once Again

So I apolizige once again for the long time between blogs......
What have I been up to....

I don't know if I told you about this Australian "grandma" who lives in this really dangerous neighbour hood and has a kids club twice a week. She has been here for four years and started out working in the school and then felt the Lord call her to the neighbourhood where she now is which is called Cazuca. I have been there a couple times on Saturdays helping her out and I really enjoy it. Now that I have been there a couple times some of the kids know me and I will be walking down the street and they will come up to me and give me a kiss on the cheek, which is the typical Colombian greeting. Please keep her in your prayers though cause a few weeks back she had workers in her house fixing a few things and when they left they left the window unlocked. The came back about one in the morning, held a knife to her, tied her up and stole her computer, printer, phone and cooking stove. She is really a remarkable lady and is doing fine and got cut a little bit with the know but other then that was not hurt at all. She doesn't even have running water in her house.

I was up there on Friday, with another mission doing little questionairs with the kids. Asking them about their economic situation in the home and what they do in their spare time, if the go to school and if they can read and write, what they want to do when they grow up. We also asked them if they or anyone in there family has ever experience a homicide, a death threat, sucide, violence in the home and different questions like that, some of it was hear to hear. But I think what effected me the most was when they would say that they wanted to be doctors or soccer players. They have big dreams just like kids everywhere but there is a good chance that their dreams won't come true, and for some reason that really hit me.

Not that it was a scary moment cause I wasn't really scared, but when we were doing this survey I was sitting on a park bench with one boy and all these teenage boys came up to me and we were chatting and laughing and then one of them asked me for money (which I didn't have, cause I knew it would be a good idea not to have any), but then I felt that if I gave him some or if I told him I had some they probably would of taken everything and not just the original fifty sense they were asking for. But when I told them I didn't have any the continued on and said good bye to me when I left. So please pray for contined safety as I am not always aware that Colombia can be dangerous, especially since I live in such a nice area and as of yet have had no problems.

This weekend everyone who is part if YWAN in Bogota when to this retreat centre in what they call hot country, which is everywhere out of Bogota, but it was really nice and relaxing. We had a lot of fun chillin in the pool and playing soccer and volleyball.

So yeah, things are going really well, there is a good group of volunteers here and I have been having a lot of fun with them. My parents are also coming next week and I am super excited about that. When they leave I am also hoping to check out a few other ministries that are happening in and aroung Bogota.

Well thats all for now folks.... I will hopefully post some more pictures soon.
Ingie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keepin it real in Quito

Fruit

Boys Camp… Just a little late