In Colombia

First off my apologies for it being such a long time between blogs. I am obviously in Colombia now and everything went fairly smoothly. The Thursday before I left I went down to the embassy with my teacher who was awesome and they told me everything was ready I just had to pay, leave them my passport and then pick up my visa on Friday and thats what I did. YAY God.....at the beginning of that week I was praying to get my visa or if not at least have an answer wether or not to change my ticket by Wednesday. I called the embassy on Wednesday and asked them if I would have to change my ticked and they said no, that everything would be good to go, thats a pretty direct answer but still I had my doubts, after all this time when God has been so faithful and the to get a direct answer like that, only to doubt him again.....I just don't learn. But I am soo thankful for all the prayers and for God being God and being sooo faithful. So I flew to Colombia on February first and have been here since. Last week was a little hard because I was missing my friends and my host family in Ecuador, I was feeling discouraged at my Spanish level, I didn't have internet (hence no blog updates) and the programs haven't started up yet so I didn't even get to hang out with any of the kids. I am glad to say that this week has been so much better. I have been checking out the school that they have for the kids that don't function well in a normal school setting, either because of behaivors or learning difficulty. It have been challenging, as every day I have to break up at least one fight, but I am falling in love with the kids already and God has just really given me a peace about the language and that His love know no language barriers and that a hug says far more then a thousand words could ever say. They also played with the parachute the other day and loved it...it brought soo much joy to my heart to hear their laughter, I unfortunatly forgot my camera so next time I will take pictures and post them for you guys. Soo yeah things are good, I am in orientation for a couple more weeks and then will start getting to the nitty gritty and now that I have wireless set up I will be able to keep you posted more regularly. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts.
Love Ingie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keepin it real in Quito

Fruit

Boys Camp… Just a little late