Another Camp Under the Belt

Another camp down and under are belts.
We only had 19 boys, a smaller group then what we would of liked (their moms have a hard time letting them go), but they were really sweet and well behaved and cute and loveable and there were sure lots of staff there to love on them.
It was a real blessing having the team there a missions team from Mexico and the States) and lots of extra staff cause I had a really bad cold, which resulted in very little energy and having to take a nap while the kids were in the pool.  The team was awesome and so willing to help out in whatever needed to be done and would just see things that needed to be done and do it.  A lot of them loved the camp ministry that we are doing and want to come back.
As with the girls camp I sometimes struggle with the two day camp and wether it’s worth all the work and stress but it so it.  One of the girls on the team shared how touched she was during the game Mission Impossible and how the kids are going to remember forever how they got to run around at night and hide and be crazy and just be kids, and that when they think about that night they will remember that they experienced something different.  That they would remember a place where they felt safe and loved.  That touched my heart because that is the atmosphere that we want to create at camp.  So again, even just two days is worth the stress and all the work that goes into planning a camp.

September 3-4th we have our first ever mom’s camp.  To be honest I am a little nervous about this one.  I would say that kids are my expertise and passion, and well moms…maybe because I am not a mom myself is why I am nervous and because maybe they won’t appreciate my craziness as much as kids do….but anyways it should be a learning experience for me.  It’s going to be pretty relaxed and chill.

I also thought I would give you an update on my girls….

Wendy went to Brazil for her mission outreach and loved it… She will be soon headed back to Argentina and then in a month will be back in Colombia.  She has loved every moment of her experience and tells me she has learned and grown so much.

Karoll is in Perierra, another city in Colombia and is to, loving her experience.  So far her plan is to go to Cuba for her outreach.

Erika has been accepted into a mission school in Pichilemu Chile, and we will hopefully by her ticket this week or next week.  It has been a process and journey getting her to this point, but I just really think this is just what her heart and soul needs, and my prayers for her while she is there that she is just poured into and loved on.

With all that being said we have three more camps this year and if you want to help out in sponsoring one of these precious children (this includes the moms) please go to msccanada.org and in give, you can search for Camp Gozo or look under programs.

And last of all I can never say thank you enough for all your love, prayer and support.  So thank you.

                            Mission Impossible after affects


          Ice-cream for memorizing a verse


          Some of my permanent staff....love that they are crazy and make me laugh and are always up      for anything

        And also thankful my staff is up to be thrown into the pool time and time again


        Armed and ready to go..



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keepin it real in Quito

Fruit

Boys Camp… Just a little late